2011年9月23日星期五

What would be the environmental problems for country clubs?

I hope you can help me out for my thesis. thank you|||biggest = pesticide and herbicide use on greens - daily golfers have higer cancer rates - and runn off.|||Every day when I walk through the woods next to the golf course, I see the drainage needed to keep the fairways dry, and I see the irrigation systems needed to keep the fairways wet, then I notice the many drain pipes leading into the woods and to the creeks and then to the rivers, containing the many chemicals used to keep the fairways and greens in pristine condition.





Fairways and greens are not "natural" in the sense that they look that good every day of the year. You have to do a lot of watering and chemical manipulation of the grass to maintain that condition. Its everyone downstream who has to eat and drink the products of the runoff.|||A golf course uses a lot of chemicals to keep the weeds out and keep the grass green and lush. They use a lot of gasoline powered machines to cut and trim. They also use a lot of water which in some areas has to come a long distance. Golf carts are mostly battery powered these days but still a number of gas one left. They are not environmentally a good choice for areas with regular air pollution problems. But I bet they are still there.

没有评论:

发表评论